Setting up your new BoxLock
Congratulations. You've downloaded the BoxLock app and created an account. These next steps will show you how to fully configure your BoxLock to automatically receive your delivery tracking numbers.
Step 1: Connect the BoxLock app with your primary email account
BoxLock captures the notifications you receive from the carriers. To do this you’ll need to Connect your e-mail account to the BoxLock app.
Note: This needs to be done in the app.
- Open the app on your phone and login
- Tap the menu icon, then choose "Connect Email Accounts"
- Tap "Add"
- Choose your account type and enter details
- When prompted, choose "Allow" to let the BoxLock app read the tracking numbers from the carrier emails notifications you receive.
If anyone else in your household will be using BoxLock, you can link their email addresses as well to make sure the app receives all tracking numbers of packages being sent to your home.
Step 2: Connect your carrier accounts (or create them if you haven’t already)
If you already have accounts with the carriers below, simply make sure that you are receiving notifications of package deliveries to the email address you connected with BoxLock in Step 1. If you don't already have an account with each carrier, please follow the steps below.
FedEx Delivery Manager
- Sign-Up for “FedEx Delivery Manager” at www.fedex.com
- Click “Sign-Up Now” or "Log in Now" if you're an existing user
- Visit “My Profile” -> “FedEx Delivery Manager"
- Add any “Alternate Names”
- Ensure that “Day of Delivery” is selected under “Notifications” for E-mail
USPS Informed Delivery
- Visit "USPS Informed Delivery" at https://informeddelivery.usps.com
- On the main page scroll down to "Packages"
- Make sure "Send me status alerts for incoming packages." is turned to "Yes"
- Ensure your Amazon account uses the same email address you connected with your BoxLock app.
- No further action is needed.