Effective Date: April 2, 2018
Common Language Summary
At BoxLock we take security very seriously, including information security and our customers' privacy. Using your BoxLock does not expose any personally identifiable information to BoxLock or our partners, other than what's needed for us to ensure your BoxLock works. We collect and store your name, email, delivery address and functional details about the shipments you received, such as sender, size, weight, and tracking number.
When you setup your BoxLock, we use the shipment notifications coming to your email account from the 4 major US shipping carriers (USPS, Fedex, UPS, Amazon) to understand which tracking numbers should be allowed to open your lock. In order to do this, we ask that you grant our system's package data reader ("PDR") access to your inbox. Our PDR can only see emails from these 4 shipping carriers and only collects information these packages for the purpose of ensuring your BoxLock works as designed. No other data is stored in our systems.
BoxLock has no interest in, nor the ability to see, any other information in your inbox. BoxLock does not know anything about the contents of the shipments that are delivered to you.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for (http://www.getboxlock.com) and the BoxLock mobile app. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website and the app. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
BoxLock, Inc. (“we”, “us”, “our”) are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. Other than as expressly set out in this policy, we will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. Other than as set out in this policy, we will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order, except that we may use third-party service providers to process and store personal information.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- To enforce or apply our terms of service, available at http://www.getboxlock.com/terms-of-service, and other agreements we have with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our employees and customers or other individuals. This includes exchanging information with law enforcement or other companies and organizations for the purposes such as fraud protection.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of BoxLock, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BoxLock, Inc., about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To our advisors we use to support our business and who are bound by professional or contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Links to Other Web Sites; Third Party Applications
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, we use commercially reasonable means designed to protect your information both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
The safety and security of your personal information, however, also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website or services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the storage and transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our website or services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within the website or our services.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act was created to protect children under the age of 13 from unsuspecting acts or practices in conjunction with collecting, using, and disclosing any information about them. Our website and services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through our website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian or otherwise believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us so that we can delete the child's information. We will never knowingly accept, collect, maintain or use any information from a child under the age of 13. If a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 sends personal information to us online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child or notify the child’s parents.
“Do Not Track” Disclosures
Certain State Privacy Rights
Certain state laws permits users of our website that are residents of that state to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.